Wednesday, 9 April 2014

reading

WALT: ask questions as we read to make sure we understand what we read.

video

  • I learned to ask fat questions and skinny questions

  • Most challenging was getting the information from the book

  • Next step is to understand what the new words mean

I can question before we read…

What is this going to be about? What do I already know that will help me understand? what do I want to find out?

 I can question as we read… 

what does that mean? what is going to happen next? what else do I want to know

We can question after we read…

does that make sense? what have I learned? have I answered my earlier questions? what else do I want to know?

Grace, you always do a lot of thinking as you read to make sure you understand your reading, you are an active reader! You are practising using the strategies we are practising in class to help you 'tune in' to your text before you start reading. As you are reading you can use your fix up strategies to help you warm out what new and tricky words mean.
Remember to share your ideas and thinking during group chats, we all want to hear what you have to say.

 


1 comment: